February 22, 2010

Kicking Things Into High Gear

I'm wondering whether I'm stretching things out too long between updates.  For the most part, I tend to work on the story on the day I update, and since it can be a week before I put something up, that means I've wasted 6 perfectly good days that could have been used to further the story.  At that rate, I won't have the thing finished until I'm 40, and that's entirely too long to work on one lousy idea.  Therefore, I'm shifting things into overdrive, which is now to be considered the new normal.  I'll be posting something every day, and shame be upon me if it doesn't further the idea.

Today was spent on hashing out the plot in a very, VERY rough fashion; so rough, I'll have to spend tomorrow working through that to get it up to par.  But, on the other hand, there's at least a rough story evolving, and if that's the case, then I may actually start writing before the new month.  What that means for this blog is that things will probably change around.  I may start using this as part update list for the story, and part random idea dump.  Just to clarify, I don't plan on posting any chapters, pages, or paragraphs on this blog until much later, if ever; if you want to read it, you have to wait until it's at least been rough drafted, proofread, and edited, and then only if you ask me.

But like I said, the plot is coming together; it seems a little cliche to me, but it also fits, so I don't feel too awkward about it.  Plus, there's lots of room for change, in case any part ends up sucking out loud.  I guess you could consider it a rough outline; I honestly don't know the terms for these things, nor do I especially care right now.  But anyways, I hope to have a nice, clean outline by the end of the week.

That's about it for today.  Unfortunately for anyone who's been reading this, things will probably be getting even more informal starting tomorrow; I hate to admit it, but it may actually turn into a real blog.  If you feel like jumping ship, I don't blame you; if I hadn't resolved to see this through, I'd have jumped a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment